Dear Climbers & Guests of The Bivy,
Welcome to The Bivy! Following are some gentle reminders for staying with us:
The Bivy has limited beds so please contact us to check for availability prior to your arrival to avoid disappointment. If you arrive as a walk-in, chances are we may not be in, give us a ring before making your way here!
Please inform us at least 7 days prior to your stay for a full refund.
Check-in & Check-out
Check-in: 5pm, Check-out: 10am
Please inform us your estimated Bme of arrival so that we know when to expect you. Additional instructions will be given in times when we could not be present, thank you for your understanding!
There is a food canteen, some food stalls, 2 seafood restaurants, a 7-11 convenience store and a minimart in our little village, but for greater variety, it’ll be good to head to a supermarket to buy some dry supplies/snacks/fruits before coming to Bivy. You’re welcome to use the microwave, oven and fridge. Filtered water and hot water are available in the Bivy, and we offer beer & coffee for sale.
Please keep our toilets choke-free by throwing only toilet papers into the toilet bowls. Discard sanitary napkins, facial Bssue papers and other trash in the bins available in the bathrooms.
Disposal of Trash & Recyclable Items
We have separate bins for trash and recyclable items (paper, plastic, glass & aluminum cans).
Lockers are available in the Dorm for storage. Please keep your valuables with care. The caretakers and owners of The Bivy cannot guarantee the security of your belongings and are not responsible for any lost valuable or item.
- Quiet hours: 11pm to 7am
- No smoking nor cooking in the house
- No eaBng and drinking in the rooms
- Please wear indoor footwear (available at The Bivy) or go barefoot in the house
- We love animals but please keep all pets outside the house (except for Chong Chong on rainy days)
- Save the earth! Please switch off the air-condiBoner, lights & all electrical devices (except wifi router) before leaving the house
- Please use water sparingly
Chongchong is The Bivy doggie, greeter and security guard, and also a stalker. Please put her on the leash (already fixed outside the house) before you leave. She follows everyone who gets out from the house. You’re welcome to bring her with you if you are taking a walk on the Bitou Trail. She knows the way pretty well but please put on a leash 🙂
Going to Long Dong & back from Bivy
1. By Bus
– To School Gate, Clocktower, Music Hall, First Cave & Second Cave: Bus 856 & 791 (alight at Longdonggang stop)
– To Second Cave, Golden Valley & Backdoor: Bus 791 (alight at Fozu Temple stop)
2. By Walking
– 30 minutes to School Gate Parking (ie North Parking Area)
3. By Hitch-hiking
-Relatively easy as drivers in Taiwan are generally helpful as long as you ask nicely and don’t smell bad 🙂
It’s useful to download the “Taiwan Bus App” for bus arrivals in real time 🙂
We hope you enjoy stay with us!
The Bivy’s Owners, Caretakers & Chongchong